- September 19, 2020 9:00:00 AM Europe/London
- Darley Moor Race Circuit, Near Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 2ET
- variable according to age
Traffic free, Time Trial format event at Darley Moor Racing Circuit near Ashbourne for ages 8-16 (Tristart to Youths)
This event will be run under British Triathlon COVID-19 guidelines - social distancing and hygiene measures will be in place.
Please read the Events and Competitions guidance on the British Triathlon 'Return To Play' web page before entering this event: https://www.britishtriathlon.org/return-to-play
Open to all ability levels, you need only a roadworthy bike, helmet and a pair of trainers to enter, membership of a triathlon club or the BTF is optional.
Taking place entirely within the traffic free track at Darley Moor race track, this duathlon offers an ideal venue to try a dual-disciplined sport. The event is chip timed.
There are 5 races of differing distances according to age. Each race will be restricted to 30 participants and will have a time trial format start with participants starting at short intervals;
|Categories||Age||Run 1||Bike||Run 2|
|Tristar 1||9 & 10||1.2km||4km||400m|
|Tristar 2||11 & 12||1.6km||5km||600m|
|Tristar 3||13 & 14||2km||7.5km||800m|
|Youth||15 & 16||2.5km||10km||1.5km|
Participants will be provided with a time period to register prior to their race and will be asked to leave the circuit shortly after they have finished. Numbers and timing chips will be provided on the day.
Please ensure you select the correct category for your child when entering.
Prices: All ages:
BTF member: £14 + booking fee (Licence must be brought to race)
Non-BTF member: £15 +booking fee (includes mandatory electronic day licence)
- The event will be run using a time trial format and participants must keep 2m apart at all times
- Each competing child will have a nominated accompanying adult who will need to remain on site throughout the event. There will be an area where accompanying adults and other competing members of the same family will be able to watch the races. Sorry, but we are not able to allow additional spectators for this event.
- Everybody attending site (i.e. all runners, people attending with them and event staff) must complete an online pre-event health questionnaire as a condition of entry onto the site. This may be shared with NHS Test & Trace upon request and the details will be kept for 21 days.
- If you or anyone in your household is ill with COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of the event you must not attend the event. We will provide refunds for people in this position. The main symptoms of COVID-19 can be checked here - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- People over 70 years of age or with compromised health conditions should be aware of the greater possibility of serious complications in the event of COVID-19 contamination. There are more details here - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/
- Please follow government guidance for travel to/from the event.
- As per COVID-19 guidelines, touch points are limited. You may bring your own water but you must not share equipment on site (e.g. water bottles). Please bring everything you will need with you (water & water bottles, pins, pens etc)
This event follows British Triathlon's safeguarding commitment that "Everyone who participates in Triathlon is entitled to participate in an enjoyable and safe environment. There are further details here - https://www.britishtriathlon.org/about-us/safeguarding
We are looking for some volunteers to help make the day go smoothly. If you can help, know someone who can or want more details please e-mail us at email@example.com . All our volunteers get either a free (transferable) entry for a future event or we will make a charity donation on their behalf.
|Event||Registration opens||Race starts|
BRIEFING: Briefings take place 10 minutes immediately before each wave start.
Parking will be available on site during the event.
A 10% discount is available for two children from the same family - please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org before entering and we will send you a promotion code.