- April 19, 2014 8:30:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time
- Silver Saddle Ranch, Carson City, Nevada
- 13.1 mi/10K
The Escape from Prison Hill Half-Marathon is a challenging and fun event in that the course offers the feel of performing in a trail ultra-marathon without the added distance. The course offers exceptional views of the Carson River Valley and the Carson Spur of the eastern Sierra Nevada.
The 10K course follows the 1/2 marathon route around North Loop, then brings runners back down the iconic Dead Truck Canyon to the finish.
Escaping from Prison Hill is a daunting task, but there will 3 full "ultra" style aid stations and one with minimal aid to help your escape.
Aid stations and approx. mileage:
1. Saddle (Mile 2.5): water/electrolytes only
2. Snyder (Mile 7): full aid / 2 hr. cut off
3. On Top (mile 9): full aid
4. Mexican Ditch (Mile 11): full aid
THERE IS A 2-HR CUTOFF AT THE SNYDER AID STATION FOR THE 1/2 MARATHON.
*** NO DOGS ALLOWED IN THE RACE. You and your pet will not be allowed to run, and it's not fair to the dog to wait in the car.***